- not being stalked by vampires*
- having ten fingers, ten toes, and the appropriate number of other parts
- having someone good to kiss
- not being stalked by zombies*
- having four different nap spots to choose from in the house
- that my body is not being occupied by disembodied alien ghosts (that I know of)
- having an imagination that allows me to dream up interesting fates for my enemies (just kidding -- I don't have enemies, although I hear tell they can be quite the spice of life)
- not living in a place plagued by bombings and killings
- or famine and drought
- or tsunami or hurricane
- or dictatorship
- or angry ghosts or mutant sea turtles or fickle gods
- getting to be a tax-paying member of a free society -- I mean, how awesome is that?
Yep. Just trying to convince myself how happy I am to go off to see the accountant today. Riding my unicorn there and whistling all the way. Hope you have a fabulous day too!
P.S. Of all fabulous things, I've seen my first photo of a kid dressed up as my main character, Magpie Windwitch! What a rite of passage that is for a fantasy writer! She did a great job, and I love that she chose to make her face look dirty, since Magpie, faerie though she may be, is much more interested in hunting devils than in personal hygiene! She had a knife too. Yeah.
*I'm ambivalent about these two because I actually think it would be kind of cool to be stalked by vampires and/or zombies. Does anyone else think that, or is it just me?