Friday, June 04, 2010

little painting

Look at the little painting Jim did for me for Mother's Day. I love it so much!

And that is my incredibly wordy blog post for this evening. I am so tired. Won't be getting any late-night writing done tonight, sigh. At least I had a good morning writing at my cafe. I realized yesterday that the last chapter I had written was taking things in the wrong direction, so I rewrote it with a cool new idea and it fell into place so much better. You know how sometimes you suddenly realize something about your w.i.p. and then feel like a dolt for not having recognized it sooner? It just seems so obvious? It was one of those moments. A true "duh" moment. Oh well, better late than never.

Cheers!

10 comments:

Jay Asher said...

That is beautiful! What a wonderful gift.

Katie Anderson said...

what a cool painting and it looks so much like your style of art rather than what I've seen of Jim's? weird. He must truly be your soulmate :)

Good luck with the WIP!

Jennifer D said...

Wow! You have got yourselves a wonderful man!

Megsie said...

Such a great Mother's day painting. Perfect! I am really excited today because I just got back from the library with Both Of Your Books! (I am still on the waiting list for Lips Touch.) Every time I go into Barnes and Noble I ask about your books, but they don't carry them here, so I thought, hmmmmm. How about the Library? And now they are in my house!! I am so excited to read them! Now, I just need to wait for a big chunk of time...soon!

A Pen In Neverland: Angela Peña Dahle said...

Love it. Also, loving the hot pink hair! I will peruse more later.

www.a-pen-in-neverland.blogspot.com

Faith Pray said...

What an awesome and magical present!
I have to say, at least you knew where you were going with the w.i.p. and fixed it. I had a brilliant solution for one sticky revision recently and have since completely forgotten it.

Unknown said...

oh, jim, that is perfection. What a great gift:)

Can't wait to read your duh moment.

Megan said...

That is absolutely adorable. It looks so magical! My favourite part is the little Jim in the background, haha, too cute. :)

Juliette Crane said...

your art, writing & blog are all so much fun! stopping over from kelly rae's class and really excited to find another writer/artist. i attended the Odyssey Writers Workshop, which you may have heard of, and was actually in a writers group with bridget zinn, who i admire on your blogroll, when she was here in madison wi. thank you for reminding me i still adore genre writing! your daughter is absolutely beautiful btw :)

best wishes to you!
juliette

suzanna leigh said...

Kelly Rae mentioned your support for her creative process in her ecourse that I am taking, Flying Lessons. So cool to realize, "I know Laini! " from SCBWI conferences! I'm the one with long white/gray/blond hair.

http://suzannaleigh.blogspot.com/