Thursday, November 22, 2007

This Post Is Being HiJacked by Alexandra


This is Laini and Jim slaving away before the big Thanksgiving feast, which I have to tell you was scrumptiously horrible. Look how nutty Laini looks in her white furry hat and why is Jim using my Mongolian hunting sword for this little turkey? (In case you are wondering where they are, I have scotch taped a turkey drumstick to each of their beaks and thrown in their favorite movie, Xanadu, into the DVD player to keep them occupied while I snuck upstairs to post this here post.)

Let me step back a moment and introduce myself! My name is Alexandra Dragontidy Thimblepinky. You can read Laini's all about what Laini really truly thinks about me by clicking right here but don't believe everything you read there (she wrote it to me on my birthday!), especially the part about being "the kind of person who, after having my head bitten off by a rampaging dinosaur, would continue to call out (that is, my severed head would call out "Run children, run!" in a superhuman effort to save as many lives as I possibly could before my head was lost down the dinosaur's digestive trac." Well, that part is true but thats only because in real life I have done many, many, many noble things. I think the thing I am most proud of is my invention of feet. How many people can say that?

Well, I have to run but I wish you and yours a very wonderful Thanksgiving!!!! We all just finished up a totally tasty beyond tasty dinner here over at the Taylor igloo. These two are the best, aren't they? I'm going to go back down and remove those turkey drumsticks this very moment!

p.s. I noticed from Laini's last post's comment box that you too can't believe that Laini could forget about my half birthday two days ago. What kind of best friend is she? Ever since she dyed her hair bright pink she has gone borderline insane. Tonight she was talking seriously about painting her tonsils turquoise. Anyway, I'm still quite devastated about my half birthday, crumpled into a weeping ball. But you can help by mailing me a gift certficate to Powells Books but do it soon, before you forget! Really there has never ever been a better time to purchase me a little present. Lets go do that right now!

7 comments:

Marianne said...

We miss your posts Alexandra but we also think the world needs more crazy shrinks so we are willing to sacrifice our regular enlightenment and entertainment for this higher cause. Study well. Your gift from me will be a chicken which I will give, on your behalf, to one of the widows in town - how bout that?

Claudia said...

To comemorate your Half Birthday I just shouted "Happy belated half Birthday to Alexandra" out the window here in town. It�s 6.30am so most people will think they dreamt it...now I�m going to shout "let Jim and Laini free"...that�s assuming they lived through Xanadu for which anyone deserves a medal.

Alex S said...

Wow! Thats a fantastic post! You definitely need to let Alexandra post much more often. I think I like her posts better than yours even. Maybe you can split your blog page in half and you can post on one side of it and Alexandra will post on the other side but this post is my favorite post (by far) that you have ever posted on Grow Wings. If you follow through with this split-blog suggestion I will arrange for real to have cupcakes delivered to your front door by individual parachutes. EIther way this is an AMAZING post. Thank you.

Laini Taylor said...

Alexandra, did you mean to post that comment as "anonymous" by any chance?

Alex S said...

I did mean to post that under Anonymous actually but I was at work and needed to get busy.

Anonymous said...

A mystery solved - I always wondered who invented feet. Also, what your full name might be - now the whole world knows your entire name, making it easier to track you down and shower you with gifts for your half birthday - or were those just your aliases?
For your half birthday, I will bake you cookies, then eat them for you, saving you untold numbers of carbs and calories. It will be a great sacrifice, but I'm willing to do that on your behalf, while you're busy studying for your exam. I wouldn't want you to be distracted by the sugar high.
Good luck on your boards!

Alex S said...

We're just months away now from you writing your next live eulogy to me on my birthday! maybe you should start working on this now?