Sunday, April 15, 2007
pancakes & painkillers: a weekend update
This is a potpourri post. I'll just list:
1. New Laini's Ladies notecards! Yay!
2. I visited a school library to talk to kids about my book on friday -- and it was fun! Thank you Jone for setting that up and for bringing pizza! Your library is wonderful, and the kids were a great audience; I thoroughly enjoyed myself!
3. Saw Liz and John for breakfast on Saturday. Hadn't seen them in a while and it's always wonderful -- they're such fun to talk to about everything from Battlestar Galactica to crocheting to the mating displays of birds of paradise.
4. After breakfast (which was massive pancakes), we stopped to pick up painkillers and frappacino for poor suffering Alexandra, and handed them through a narrowly cracked door to her as if she were Typhoid Mary, though she is not actually contagious.
5. Jim and I went to see 300 while it's still on the big screen. I was sort of expecting to be underwhelmed but I loved it. And not just for the half-naked Spartans! We will definitely buy that one when it comes out on DVD.
6. I'm in the June issue of Writer's Digest! Thank you Jordan for interviewing me; it's so weird and cool to see myself in a magazine.
Have a great week! And happy tax day!
Posted by Laini Taylor at 10:21 PM