Monday, November 03, 2008

ohmygoshlookatallthebooks


Oh heavenly bringer of books, thank you for thy bounty. Look. Look!!! When I got home from mailing shwag packs at the post office, LOOK WHAT WAS WAITING FOR ME! I would send out shwag more often if I could be assured I would come home to find parcels of books waiting for me! How to choose what to read???


Excuse me while I go roll around in books. . .

Okay, I'm back. I rolled gingerly so as not to bend or warp any lovely, lovely books. (Oh, yeah. These are all Cybils nominees. And more will be arriving. And more. I want to laugh like a greedy movie villain. Mwa-ha-HA!)

Hey. It's November 3rd. Americans among you, have you early voted? If not, do not forget to vote tomorrow!! There are some murmurs among pollsters that the youth vote hasn't exactly turned out yet, so youths: GO FORTH!

VOTE!!!

(for Obama)

People, the world changes tomorrow, one way or another. Let it be for good.

Sigh, I never did write my "liberal" post. I've been writing sci-fi instead. Hopefully we will have some massive celebrating to do this week and I can write it then. And if it's not celebrating, then I suppose I can post it as a lament. But my mind cannot go to that dark place. Not now.

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease. . .

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I recognized Cybele's Secret, but I don't think I've read any of the others.

And it doesn't look like you will have to "go to that dark place."

Lexi said...

Gee, Laini! It looks like you just bought an independent bookstore!
I know I won't be sleeping tonight, I'm so on edge....

P.S. Little Brother (the book) was rooly good. Scary, though. Kind of like how McCain would like to run the country.

Cuppa Jolie said...

Wow. Wow...wow...wow! All those books, all at once, so very cool.

Erin said...

Wow!!!!

This is the first year I've been a judge vs nominating panel - the past two years I've been so spoiled and this year I won't be getting nearly as many books in the year...sniff... but I love seeing your pictures!

R.J. Anderson said...

The only one I have read in that lot is AIRMAN, but boy did I love it.

Debbie Barr said...

I think I just about cried when I saw all those beautiful books. :)

Also, you fail to remember that youth tend to procrastinate everything including important things. Like voting. And British Literature tests. Not that this is a commentary on my life or anything... ;)

violetismycolor said...

Hey, my family has cast their 5 ballots for Obama, already...am encouraging everyone to vote!

Ronald L. Smith said...

I read one of those books in your Book Bag: Runemarks. Really nice work. Old Norse myths mixed with faeries and goblins. Very original.

Lucky you!

Carrie Harris said...

Yow. Rolling around in books. So much better than rolling around in money.

Enjoy the reads!

Liana said...

Totally already voted today! (and yes, for Obama! :) I'm in PA, so I'm just hope hope HOPING he wins here.

Anyway! All those BOOKS! *droollll* Have fun and tell us about the best ones! :)

Amber said...

LOOK at all those yummy books! You lucky duck.

Can't wait to hear about the ones you love.

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, how are you going to get through ALL THOSE BOOKS! Your eyes are going to be blurry! Hooray for last night, spectacular.

Lisa Schroeder said...

Holy bookshelf, that is a LOT of books!!! Wow!

I don't know how you Cybils judges are doing it.

And YAYYYYYY - YES WE CAN!!!

You must be so happy and relieved today. What a night that was last night. I will remember it forever.