Sunday, February 10, 2008

New webby stuff!

This is something I've been meaning to do for a while, and here at last is the start of it -- I'm adding some educational 'Dreamdark' content to my website. So far, all I've done is one page that goes into detail about the characters' names -- since almost all my names come from nature or folklore, there's a lot of fun stuff to tell, and HERE it is!

I have more planned, including a world map labeled with the faeries' place names, and a gentle conservation screed, and an invent-your-own faerie game, and stuff like that. But this is it for today. Man, can I get lost in cool facts. Check out that stuff about the size of Betelgeuse! Does not compute.

And, oh, this commercial totally cracks me up:

8 comments:

Sian said...

Hi :) I am delurking to say I love Dreamdark, can't wait for the next one and I wish you all good things.

Unknown said...

I love the new webby stuff. very interesting tid bits. That talon footage is unbelievable! and the size of Betelgeuse is reDICulous!

very nice. good work.

and I have been that cause of at least 10 people I know of to read Dreamdark and they all loved it as much as I did. See there? You're a genius. How does that feel?

Melanie Margaret said...

I Like the new addition to your web site and congratulations on the soon to be new addition to your family!
Your child will be the coolest kid at school with a pink haired writer Mama!
XO,
Melba

Q said...

That name site is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Cool new website stuff. :D

That commercial is weird and funny.

Vivian Mahoney said...

I love the new page you added to your website!

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha! Hadn't seen that commercial before, too funny. I'm not sure if I'd want to know what my cats are really saying to me, heehee...

Love your new facts page - I never would have guessed that vanilla was extracted from orchids! I think I had pictured the beans hanging in pods from trees...
What fun to create your own fairy character - this would make such a cool game for kids...

Btw, there's a small award awaiting you on my blog.

Kate Robertson said...

I love this, can't wait to see the map. In fact I would have loved to see a map in the book. I hope you will include one in the next book.

Kate