Saturday, May 09, 2009

some weekend linkies

This weekend, if you have a few minutes, don't forget to check out the awesome stuff at Bridget Zinn's auction site. Remember: early Christmas shopping, or your own collection of signed children's books. Great time to start! (There's a great web design package on offer for those of you in need of a professional website; a couple of vacation packages -- on Washington's Olympic Peninsula (not far from where Twilight takes place) and in Utah near some national parks -- and I love the silver "Write" bracelet too.)

Also, Bridget just put up a new post yesterday about her second chemo treatment. (And scroll down too: interestingly, in her previous post, she seems to have discovered a strange, unlisted side-effect of chemo, which she has now named for herself :-)

Now, for some weekend cuteness: from one of my favorite blogs, Zooborns, a video of orphaned baby gorilla Hasani meeting his new surrogate mom Bawang for the first time, at the San Francisco zoo:
Awww. Cute!

4 comments:

myrna said...

I should have come here to catch up on your blog before I checked my email. It would have cut the bulk out of my response.

I'm still swimming:)

And ugh to cancer and chemo. I'm so glad you could be there for your friend when she needed you. I'm going to check out the auction again. Your book wasn't up the first time I checked, but there was some other stuff that I liked.

Pregnant gals are definitely moms too, so Happy Mother's Day!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Happy first mommy's day Laini! :)

Em said...

Happy Mommy's Day! Doesn't ZooBorns just make everything better? :)

holly cupala said...

I came by to say the same thing: Happy Mother's Day, you!