I've been tagged by Meg to spill some secrets. Here they are!
1. I once had a spicy dream about a guy I thought was married and woke up feeling guilty about it. I found out the next day he was NOT married and we started dating and now he IS married -- to ME.
2. In theory I'm 5' 4", but in practice, I'm between 5' 7" and 5' 9", because I wear very tall shoes. I feel blunt without them.
3. I love Pride & Prejudice, and I also love the juicy literary 'sequals' like Mr Darcy Takes a Wife that imagine the Darcy's behind closed doors, if you know what I mean.
4. I'm not that into music. It just slides through my head unnoticed, and when I'm alone I choose silence. When I tell people this they look at me like I've just kicked their dog.
5. I was going to move in with a boyfriend once, and he waited until the U-haul was packed up to tell me he didn't think it was a good idea.
6. I went to Europe alone for 6 months when I was seventeen. I acted brave but I was scared and lonely a lot of the time, and I didn't really know how to feed myself so I subsisted mostly on cookies.
7. Once when I was about seven, something got me to wondering what I looked like with my eyes closed, so I went and stood in front of a mirror... and closed my eyes. I was immediatley embarrassed to have not understood the fundamental problem with this in advance, and blushed fiercely and never told anyone, until now.
8. In seventh grade I stole the teacher's edition from my math class and copied out the whole year's worth of homework overnight. This did not prepare me well for algebra the following year.
9. I'm so fatalistic about the future of the planet that I imagine our own children and grandchildren will have serious health complications and shortened life spans because of environmental degradation. Sometimes I find myself rooting for the planet to get even with humans, and then I remember I am human too.
10. I made an effort to believe in God when I was younger but had no success. I don't really have a belief "system," but I expect that more and more things will be explained by science as the years go by.
Tag yourself if you want to share your beans too!