Saturday, April 18, 2009

Good news + do you recognize this house?

First thing: GREAT NEWS AT STEPHANIE'S BLOG!!! Yippeee! You might remember a certain manuscript I was gloating about reading back in the fall. Well, in remarkable time, that manuscript got representation by an awesome agent, who then swiftly sold it to a dream editor. Yay! HUGE YAY! Read more about it at Stephanie's blog, where the news is much more adorable. She even reveals the excellent title, which of course could change, but I hope not, because I love it and it would make me pick up the book!

Second thing: Jim and I are going to BEA (BookExpo America)!!! We are so excited! I have wanted to go for years, and with Lips Touch being selected for the Buzz Forum, it really couldn't be missed. I can't wait to see Arthur Levine in front of lots of people talking about my book. I still can't believe that's going to happen!!! And then, I'm going to be on a panel too. (Me. Me!)

There. Now, do you recognize this house?
It's the Twilight house, in St. Helens, Oregon! My mom took my niece out to see it the other day, and they also found "the alley":

When I met Stephenie Meyer at Project Book Babe, she was leaving the next day to go up to Vancouver, B.C. to the set of the New Moon movie. Sadly, that one's not filming in Oregon. Too bad. Something is filming in Portland now, though. We saw the film crews downtown the other day during our mad tax scramble from the accountant to the post office. I wonder what it was. Oh, and speaking of movies, The Time Traveler's Wife is finally being released!! August 14. I hope it's good. I so loved the book. I love both Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams, so I have hope. (And did you hear that Audrey Niffenegger has a new book coming out in the fall? It fetched almost $5 million at auction!!!) I was talking excitedly with Alexandra about going to see the movie right when it opens, and then I realized: Oh. Wait. I might be a little preoccupied around then. ha ha. Maybe I won't be going to see too many movies in early August!

Happy weekend!

8 comments:

Alysa Stewart said...

Chocolate recieved. Many thanks. How fun to do a little bit of movie tourism in Oregon! And congrats about BEA! Oh, yeah, it may be a while before you go to the movies again. How long just depends on you...

jone said...

How totally cool is that house? And I love the link to the agent.

Kiersten White said...

I know, I was so, so thrilled for Steph. And not an ounce surprised!

Have fun at the Expo. That is just way too cool.

Lexi said...

But not seeing movies in the theater is an excellent opportunity to wear out your DVD player!

And yay Steph!

Heather said...

I JUST read the Time Traveler's Wife while on holiday and LOVED it. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed with the choice of Eric Bana for the role of Henry...he just didn't seem to fit for me. But I love Rachel McAdams also and maybe Eric will surprise me!

(I will put in here that I ALSO didn't think Paul Bettany was suited for the role of T-Ray in The Secret Life of Bees, but he completely surprised me, so anything is possible!)

Looking forward to this Fall!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

BEA will be fun!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Eeek! Thank you, Laini. From the bottom of my heart :)

It's always worth repeating: I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you for EVERYTHING.

And . . .

CONGRATULATIONS! You're going to BEA!!! AHHHHHHH!!! ARTHUR LEVINE will talk about your book. And you will BE ON A PANEL. AT BEA!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I'm jealous. I canceled my trip to BEA last year because I was due May 23rd!! Of course our wily little boy didn't show up until June 8th, but I probably wouldn't have had a lot of fun waddling around anyway.

Early August, yay! My husband and I are both August babies. I really do hope you'll be able to blog when little Ms DiBartolo comes along. (It took me awhile).