Sunday, June 29, 2008

Eek Day

This is next week on my lovely Anahata calendar. See the green "eek!"? That signifies the day that my editor absolutely must have draft 2 of Silksinger in hand. So: "EEEEEEEEEK!"

I will be a bit busy for the next week, probably. It is sort of ridiculous I am blogging now. But I just finished a big section of the book and my brain needed to breathe a little. So I thought I would list some of the things I'm looking forward to doing after Eek Day is past:

1) Go for some hikes. Places like here and here. Perhaps see a giant salamander. (I'd also like to find a place in Oregon, if such a place there is, where I can see a huge swarm of bats leave a cave or barn at dusk. Anyone know of any?)

2) Go to u-pick blueberries on Sauvie Island. Pick many blueberries And possibly some peaches.

3) Give my writing room porch a makeover. It has the potential for extreme cuteness, but the potential has not yet been met. This will require: some landscaping and planting; painting of patio table and chairs sky blue; some pretty pots with flowers; some cute flourishes, like maybe some sheer, floaty curtains and a hanging fuschia.

4) See movies.

Those are the topmost in my mind, but I am sure there will be more. Soon!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

Debbie Barr said...

Good luck finishing! *cheers from sidelines*

Amber Lough said...

I just saw on a kid's channel that the largest living organism in the world is a mushroom patch in Oregon. Supposedly, it's hundreds of years old, too! Maybe you could go see that--I think it'd be awesome.

Good luck with Silksinger!

Heather said...

You can DO it! (said in my best Rob Schneider voice)

Jone said...

Remember The LIttle Engine That Could..."I think I can, I think I can, I know I can..."

Anonymous said...

Sending you oodles of positive thoughts!

Shannon said...

Oh, picking berries! We're going out to Sauvie Island next weekend to get raspberries! Excellent item on your list of things to do.

Alex S said...

If I can fly a hot air disco ball around the world twice, surely you can accomplish this equally amazing feat, and at the end of it all, a sandwich of perfection awaits you!

Liana said...

Go! Fight! Win!
Wooooooo! Go Laini!! You can do it and it'll be awesome. Hurray!!!

Unknown said...

here's the thing, Laini: I have never seen anything that you have written, ever, that has not been wonderful and entrtaining. Everything that comes from you is filled with Laini magic. I'm willing to bet that the first draft would knock my sockies off. Don't be too hard on your creative self with your perfectionist self. You can do it. It will be wicked awesome. (that's a little new england for you)

plus, I can hardly. wait. I'm dying to read it over here!

Heather said...

sounds like a great plan! Good luck with the pesky Eek day!

Left-handed Trees... said...

Good Luck, Laini!
Love,
D.

Laini Taylor said...

Thank you for the good wishes, everybody! You are all wonderful, things are going great so far, and I have high hopes for getting done EARLY with time to futz and revise by Monday! Yay!

(thank you!!!)

Anonymous said...

You can DO IT! And I can't wait to READ IT! Yay!

Amber said...

When you see movies, see "Kungfu Panda". So cute and funny.

Good luck babe!

:)