The other day I got my shipment of samples of the new product: candles, bookmarks, and sticky notes along with the new cards and ladies. I love getting samples. It's kind of like Christmas. (Speaking of kind-of-like-Christmas, the other day I got 2 boxes in the mail from bloggy ladies. One was full of all kinds of candy and maple syrup, from the delightful blue poppy, the other two awesome "fairy cupcake" mugs from Meg -- though I have to give one of them to Alexandra. Sure, Meg, I'll pass that mug right along. Sure. Wink wink. No, I will. Thank you ladies for the packages of fun!)
Here's what the new sticky notes look like. They come in awesome little boxes:
And some of the many bookmark designs:
(There are lots more here.) (If you happen to be the bookmark-orderer for Barnes & Noble or Target or something, please place a gigantic order now.)
I need to design some new ladies now, like right now, which is. . . interesting timing considering the revisions in progress. But isn't that just the way things happen? Any quote requests? My mind is wide open right now. It's quite a challenge coming up with good Laini's Ladies quotes. Things to consider:
- Can't be by someone alive and likely to sue.
- Must have a fairly wide appeal.
- Must be either funny or uplifting.
- Must be relatively short.
- And finally, must have that certain undefinable awesomeness that makes you want to hang it in your house and reread it often. It's tricky. Ideas? Here's an example of one that, although I really really really love it, may not be a keeper. I'm being told people don't get it, which worries me a little. There's obviously not enough reading of Jane Austen novels OR enough appreciation of silliness going on out there!